Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wilsons Syndrome More Condition_symptoms Wikis and collaborative spaces

These days I've been talking with peers and colleagues about online resources to study. Appeared on the table the blogs, and virtual libraries.

Blogs are currently used to record work and have an outstanding application of many teachers. Possible not only to publish textual information with illustrations and videos, but also to monitor and filter comments from students.

On the other hand, a teacher with whom we communicate at a distance, commenting on the advantages of virtual libraries, allowing centralize the material with which we intend to work in an electronic space. I found it interesting the idea, thoughrequires some care with regard to copyright and the work involved for a teacher.

Earlier this year I got the need to simplify some tasks that had to do with this issue, would use the information to the year, making it available to all students in a particular place, and to increase the area of information As necessary, quickly and easily. I came to find, like many teachers, when requested certain information to students often go directly to Wikipedia or other reference sites, without analyzing the content, and since then we have a huge amount of information, many sometimes difficult, without analyzing, too largeand sometimes does not apply directly to the request. So I set the goal of creating my own wiki.

Wiki comes from a Hawaiian word meaning "quick" and conveys the idea of working in such a space. It is "a collaborative Web site carried out by the perpetual collective work of many authors. It is similar to a blog in structure and logic, but allows anyone to edit its contents, even if they were created by other authors. (Marcelo Pedra www.marcelopedra.com.ar / glosario_W.htm ). " In this case, the personal project started with the idea of filtering content appropriate for the classes you take later.

There are several places where we can begin our wiki so PayableIUF, such wikispaces.com or wikidot.com. In my case I opted for the Zoho service as previously provided some resources in provider and would give me tasks, besides being very easy to use.

Working with a wiki is very easy. We can set permissions, sort the contents, create sections and integrate multimedia elements. Unlike a blog, the articles are not arranged in chronological order, but remain in the cloud form, or we can create within these sections and publish articles, which allows the student to go directly to page content telling you, faster, bluntly.

My experience working with Wikis. If

While my wiki is not finished (and like most never will be), has allowed me to use it as an incentive for my classes. When I plan a theme for my next class, I commented that subject, and I point out to students that the material already published in the wiki. They brought up the subject to be treated briefly, with the basics and not go into too much. That way I have noticed that you can maintain student interest. They may comment on articles if they wish (in the case of my wiki, also includes integrated chat system to communicate directly with me when I'm online). Then, if the subject is provided, including links for further ideas, or analyze the topic in other sources verified.

also includeassessment tools in that space, so that students have to log in to view exercises and tests. For this, I draw parallels to other resources that allow the realization of online tests, sending real-time results.

the other hand, some sections include glossaries, for students to seek for themselves the meanings of the terms we use in class, and Download sections where I offer brief review materials or images so they can create working material from the study.

is encouraging to contemplate that most students come to class with notes taken from the wiki, and the basic idea of what we will discuss in class. It has been repeatedTido during the year, so I guess I did good in this part of the goal: to capture attention in a workspace. Ah! The wiki that I mentioned is http://infonote.wiki.zoho.com . Is currently also working on a wiki for high school: http://liceopandeazucar.wiki.zoho.com

Possibilities.

Wikis allow collaborative work approach. One of the reasons why I chose Zoho is that it is a reference site in such work. It is oriented towards collective participation in which multiple users can form networks, and collaborate on documents in real time, regardless of the geographical space where they are. The

Wikis encourage collaborative work precisely, but of course, requires that whoever is in charge of the project carried out a fairly intensive task of monitoring the case of many users working to prevent the publication of inaccurate or inappropriate material.

also allow a more fluid interaction with students, creating spaces for comments, and work spaces in which students can upload materials.

And while a virtual classroom can offer more possibilities in regard to evaluations, a wiki allows us to have a beginning that will not consume much time in our lives that are intense and tight. Referring to the Hawaiian word for mencionada today: work on a wiki is quick. And also easy and even fun, once we begin to see results.

Technorati: web 2.0 , wiki, zoho
Del.icio.us : web 2.0, wiki , zoho

0 comments:

Post a Comment